Why is video marketing so effective?
I help people to build businesses that they love, using simple marketing and social media techniques. You may not like to hear it, but video marketing is now one of the most powerful marketing tools available to each and every one of you. This is why it is really important that you learn to use some element of video if you want to be successful with your marketing. Even if this means that you have to, like me, dig really deep and overcome some massive fears.
Let’s start with why we need to use video as an entrepreneur or a small business owner:
Marketing is now all about people, people behind the brand story, behind the product and service.
Video marketing allows your prospective customers to see behind the scenes, it allows you to humanise your business and connect directly with your audience. It can be used to teach your audience how to do something, to demonstrate your expertise and knowledge and to showcase your products and services
It enables you to build relationships in a way that isn’t possible using text alone and in order for somebody to buy something from you they need to feel like they know you, can trust you and like you in an online world. Video gives you the opportunity to tell your story, showcase your business and build relationships.
You can use video on all social media platforms. Most allow you to upload pre-recorded video or utilise their LIVE function. Ultimately using live will give you more reach because the algorithms encourage greater usage of live elements.
All platforms have some kind of video functionality:
- Facebook has the ability to upload pre-recorded video Instagram stories and live video
- Twitter currently have 62% more views of video than a standard post and allows upload and a live element called periscope
- Instagram also allows for uploaded video and live video within the story element, Instagram stories, and maximum 15-second video clips
- LinkedIn has recently added to the ability to upload a pre-recorded video and it is highly likely that they will introduce a life element
- Youtube is the major video platform and unlike other social media where video is limited to viewing over short periods (often less than 24 hours ) YouTube videos can be viewed months and years after they are uploaded making the value of these videos exceptional
The world of video marketing can seem daunting to first-timers, but we all have to start somewhere.
Take a look at ‘How to get video confident’ for my top tips on
how to create cracking videos that will help you and your business. And most of all, remember why you need to do it – building relationships with your customers and your audience is the biggest factor to help you generate new leads and sales of your business.
You might be interested to read:
Alison Teare is a qualified, marketer with more than twenty-five years’ business and management experience, in both the public and private sectors, at local and global levels.
A social media expert, Alison is a trainer and speaker who regularly provides advice to businesses to guide their social media and marketing policies and strategy. She developed an integrated Social Media Management programme which enables businesses to co-ordinate a successful implement their own sustainable social media presence. Alison also mentors entrepreneurs and small business owners, helping to reduce overwhelm and providing purpose and clarity in their business development and marketing.