How many of us hate the thought of networking?
In this episode Simon talks about how to get the best from networking for business and some tips and tricks to make the experience a little easier.
How many of us actually go to a networking event with an outcome in mind and how many of us actually follow up with emails or LinkedIn invitations to take those relationships a stage further?
Simon doesn't pull any punches when it comes to talking about making connections and networking, if you want to learn how to make a start with networking events you're going to love Simon's straight talking approach to making connections
Simon shares some really great advice on getting you results from your networking
In this episode we talk about
- Choosing your networking event with care
- Start by practicing your networking – choose somewhere that your ideal customer and friends aren’t
- What does a win look like – what will you achieve at the event, how will you know if you have been successful
- How to Formulate a plan to actually get results from your networking
- Taking small steps to start with and then pushing the boundaries at each event to get better results
- How to follow up after an event
- How to start a conversation with somebody you don't know
- The best way to create an elevator pitch that's going to get you noticed
More About Simon
Simon started his professional career as a research scientist. His PhD takes a statistical look at the causes of childhood leukaemia.
His 24 year research career carries into his training the belief only to use techniques which are proven, not just opinion. But he's also been a lighting designer, written books and plays, been a professional actor and even a fire eater. He might do 'science' but he does it with a performer's flair. His last book was a high-street best seller and he's a much-wanted-trainer in communications, presentations and confidence.
Facebook Page: facebook.com/presentationgenius
Twitter : @presentations
FREE - 7 Day Marketing Challenge
Work with me
Alison Teare is a qualified, marketer with more than twenty-five years’ business and management experience, in both the public and private sectors, at local and global levels.
A social media expert, Alison is a trainer and speaker who regularly provides advice to businesses to guide their social media and marketing policies and strategy. She developed an integrated Social Media Management programme which enables businesses to co-ordinate a successful implement their own sustainable social media presence. Alison also mentors entrepreneurs and small business owners, helping to reduce overwhelm and providing purpose and clarity in their business development and marketing.