How to market your first event
With so many of us working online, the idea of meeting people face to face can seem really scary. But, there’s nothing better than a face to face opportunity, especially if you create your own event. Bringing people together – the right kind of people – is a great way to market your product or service and get to know your audience in a more intimate way.
We’re not talking about filling Wembley Stadium – just a coffee at your local coffee shop is a good place to start – in my podcast I show you how to go about it…
Here’s what we discuss:
- Why it’s a good idea to hold your own event
- How to go about creating an event
- The fears you will face and how to overcome them
- Six steps to making your event real
- The importance of communication
Here’s what you will learn:
- Why people will want to come to your event
- How FOMO (the Fear Of Missing Out) is a big driver
- Why your event needs a clear objective
- The importance of creating a timeline and sticking to it
There’s more advice in some of my previous podcasts – check out Podcast 34 for tips on how to create great networking opportunities, and Podcast 25 on how to create FOMO, the Fear Of Missing Out – a great marketing tool that is sure to drive people to your event!
You can email me at Alison@simply-marketing.net or contact me on my website at alisonteare.com where you can find more information about my 6-week marketing challenge or marketing membership. Or find me in my Facebook Group where we can talk about events in more detail.
To make more money as a solopreneur you have to be extremely purposeful about your marketing - Join me for this free training and learn how to make a start getting the basics right.